Monday, August 2, 2010

SLAP ME FOR SLACKING


No seriously, slap me. Because I cannot believe that it has been 79 days since my last post. SEVENTY NINE. That’s gotta be some kinda record; I mean I might as well just start a new blog now, with a brand spanking catchy(ier) title cuz its practically the same thing.

And what’s that statistic about 90% of all blogs dying within the first three months? Guess I’m trying CPR now to see if resuscitation is still a possibility.

To be fair, I have been a little preoccupied.

Here’s what happened while I was gone:
·   I started a new business.
·   Some important people graduated from both college and high school.
·   I finally caught up with the world and actually got a Blackberry, with  internet! (gasp).
·   I rode a bike from Houston to Austin: most of you knew I was preparing for this, and it actually happened.
·   A Bachelorette Party in Vegas that led to the beginning of lifetime friendships.
·   I started playing sand volleyball on the regular in a league, with a great group of friends.
·   Weddings, weddings, and more weddings.
·   Board game nights that reconfirmed taboo is not my strong suit.
·   Taylor Swift concert with the girlies who make my heart sing.
·   Tons of sushi eating. Tons.
·   Dance practices for said weddings that were just excuses to play.
·   One boat party, where I actually got in the water despite my lack of swimming ability.
·   Taco Tuesdays (seriously the best notion since sliced bread).
·   Birthday parties, family parties, girl’s parties, cousin parties, parties just because brown people like to eat, a plethora of parties in general.
·   I discovered twitter again and tweet like crazy now.  The BB definitely feeds this obsession.  
·   A basketball tournament with the coolest girls around, where we first kicked butt and then got our butts kicked.
·   Bridesmaids meetings that included lots of planning but mostly very excited laughter.
·   Spectacular Engagement Parties.
·   Hookah smoking and shish tawook eating at Maryz on warm summer nights.

·   Moving into an awesome apartment with really fun roommates and then moving out of said apartment for aforementioned business.
·   GaGa, GaGa, GaGa.
·   And not to mention (again) weddings, weddings, weddings. 


I’m almost positive I’m leaving something out, but it’s safe to say that is was simply a whirlwind of a summer, full of frenzy and fun. But also full of growth. The kind of growth the stretches your soul and forever leaves an imprint on your heart. Lots of difficult decisions, some huge disappointments, heartfelt heartache, and challenging conversations with even more challenging results. And yet the constants between the good times and the bad have been the incredible people who color my world.

For the first time in a long time, this summer I truly felt I built the kind of relationships that last a lifetime. I know it sounds cliché, but for me it’s real. I had the amazing opportunity to strengthen ties with those who had always been a part of my life on the periphery; while creating new bonds with the people who continue to touch my heart. Some of you may not even realize who you are, most of you may never know the true impact you have had on me, but all of you are forever a part of my journey. 

And I want to take this moment to thank you all. Thank you for laughing with me and dancing with me. But most of all, thank you for stretching me and pushing me beyond my limits.

Now, I just hope every summer turns out like 2010 ;)

Oh! and also lets hope another 79 days doesn’t pass before the next entry or this resuscitation will be another epic fail. One, two, three, clear…

2 comments:

  1. This was a great read. Your summer trumps mine.

    @BilalJaffery

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ agreed :)

    YAY for you being back!

    ReplyDelete