Monday, February 14, 2011

THE GIRL WHO CRIED LOVE

Warning: I am THAT girl.

Yes, I am the girl who loves Valentine’s Day and I’m not ashamed to admit it.


I’m the girl who wears red on February 14th every year. I am the girl who stays up late the night before baking up a storm of heart shaped cookies, pink frosted cupcakes, and sprinkled everything to give to anyone and everyone who may cross my path on the day o’ love. And yes, I am the girl who secretly makes plans to watch all the awful, sappy romantic comedies that make me sigh and send my heart a flutter.

In fact, I would even say that I love Valentine’s Day more than my birthday. I’ve always loved it, for as long as I can remember, regardless of my “relationship status.”

I love Valentine’s Day because for me it represents one day when you can unabashedly, unequivocally express all the mushy, gushy feelings your heart desires. Just thinking about telling those nearest and dearest to me how much I care about them makes my heart happy. And yes, I know I have 364 days to do exactly what I do on February 14th but something about one day solely dedicated to honoring love is just so powerful and contagious.

Now, I know what the naysayers declare. Commercialization, blahblahblah. St. who yaddayadda but I say so what?! For one moment, look beyond all that and just think, just think…all across the world, people from all walks of life, in a million different circumstances are united in the knowledge that February 14th is for love. And whether you share with your partner, your parents, or just your pets, that warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you care about someone, and are cared for in return, just can’t be beat.


So on this day of love, stop to not just smell the roses but to give one to someone you really care about. Trust me, you’ll make their day and feel pretty great about yourself too.

Like I said, the spirit is contagious…let’s all help it spread.


Ps—I know this post is extra cheesy but it’s Valentine’s Day!

3 comments:

  1. I "like" this blogpost.

    PS: Hope this clarifies which Maria this was, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww happy valentines day henna! loooove this post! ur adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is the 'other' Maria. Totally agree with you. Why not take every opportunity possible to share goodness and positivity? You explain it so beautifully. And I have to say, you have the most creative blog post titles........

    ReplyDelete